Monday 16 June 2014

Short Status Update

So I managed to make a few emote shapekeys.  I'll probably make more if I continue the game, after it's done.  Funny thing how imagination works.  I originally started out with just a simple one stage game in mind that would be left open ended, and now I have a whole plot in my head with a whole cast of characters.

My current goal hasn't really changed though.  I still plan to make a single stage open ended platformer to start with, but its nice to have more material to work with if/when I decide to continue it.

Anyway.....

I also shapkeyed and rigged the wings on her breastplate and grieves.  I plan to use these animations to show special actions like double jump, glide, power charge so on~

The under armor is shapekeyed also and conforms properly.  I cheated quite a bit using masks to hide the skin on covered areas.  I managed to mask most of the hip area and only had to tweak a few of the corrective shapekeys on  the body mesh.  I couldn't get away with just weighting for the hip area, so I had to make a few corrective shapekeys to make it look pleasing.  Thankfully I didn't have to make any new bones, the drivers used the existing ones on the body mesh just fine.

I still have the rig to hair.  I don't really need to I guess, but I want to =)

I'm sure there are a few other things I'll tweak, but the majority has been done.

No comments:

Post a Comment