Wednesday 5 March 2014

New Dev Comp

Last week I dropped a few coinz on a new desktop.  Last one I had wasn't bad but felt like just going a bit higher.  The 8 core AMD Is really a step up from the i5 and I have more ram to work with.  Also got one of the new nividia card models based on the new Maxwell architecture, it's a slight improvement over the Radeon I had in the other system.

Been doing tutorials in Unity again and working on enemies in Blender.  I also have to spend some time working on "ground" and props.  I'll probably spend some time learning more about the compositor in Blender this week if all goes well and I don't get swamped with chores.


New Dev Comp specs if anyone is interested in techno garble.

Vid card    -   Gigabyte GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2 GB
Processor -   AMD FX Vishera 4.00GHz
Ram         -   G. Skill RipJaws X series 16GB
Case        -    Corsair Carbide Series 500R Black Steel structure
Mother     -    GIGABYTE GA-970A-D3P AM3+/AM3 AMD 970 SATA 6Gb/s
HD          -     Western Digital WD10EZEX 1TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache
CD          -     ASUS 24X DVD Burner - Bulk 24X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 12X
PWR       -     Corsair 750W (Ripped it out of the other comp)
OS          -     Win 7

No comments:

Post a Comment