Monday 20 October 2014

Mesh repository


When I first started modeling I made a file with a bunch of random objects.






The main idea behind this was to practice creating good looking 3D meshes, and I really learned a lot practicing like this.

The file in the image was done a while back and sadly I applied the subsurf modifier in a lot of them, making the mesh "permanently" and unnecessarily dense.

The last few days I came to realize just how useful it is having a bunch of already made meshes that you can append to a scene or tile.

So to summarize, I've started a new file with a bunch of random resources that I can use.  I'm not applying the subsurf this time so the meshes will be lighter and I can pack more objects into on layer without stressing my GPU.  This also gives me the option to use the objects as semi light weight meshes if I make a real time 3D game.

Anyway I'm still working on tiles for the current project.  I made a bunch of tiles that go in front of other tiles to give variety.  I remade The dirt/ground tile to be more module based.  Still have to make some cap tiles though and rework the bridge tile.

I'm finally back into a groove again!

No comments:

Post a Comment