Monday 13 October 2014

How to fuck up your tile sets 101!





Oh the fun of learning with no real course material.  I thought I had it made when I inserted my latest tile set into Unity.  I quickly found out that the bridge sections I made looked a little small compared to the PC.

Part of the reason for this is I didn't plan to add more tiles and blend tiles. 

The problem I made for myself this time is I scaled down the "ground" tile sets to look more appropriate for the size of the character.  Sadly I didn't take this into consideration when I made the new set.  And I can't really set its size higher because part of the tile was to line up with the ground I made which is scaled down (I actually screwed making the texture line up also).....

I feel now think I should redo the ground tile and the new one I made.  I actually made the ground tile set some time ago and have learned a lot more since then. 

Good thing I'm not on a schedule.....

Oh and happy turkey day!

No comments:

Post a Comment